Glowing CQC Inspection Report
Posted on 19th August 2019 at 10:32
Our practice was inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) on 9th July 2019. The inspection was carried out by one CQC inspector and one Specialist Dental Advisor. During the visit, the two inspectors spoke to Dr Holden, our practice manager Denise, one hygiene/ therapist, our nurses and patients attending the practice on the day.
They also looked at, amongst other things, our building, facilities, equipment, clinical governance, personnel files, continuing professional development folders, inidividuals' qualifications and also comment cards from our patients.
They carried out an audit of our record keeping and of all our practice policies and documentation.
We are delighted to report that their findings were that the practice is safe, effective, caring, responsive to patient needs and well-led.
Their key findings were:
• The practice appeared clean and well maintained.
• The provider had infection control procedures which reflected published guidance.
• Staff knew how to deal with emergencies. Appropriate medicines and life-saving equipment were available.
• X-ray equipment in the practice was not fitted with rectangular collimation.
• The provider had systems to help them manage risk to patients and staff.
• The provider had suitable safeguarding processes and staff knew their responsibilities for safeguarding
vulnerable adults and children.
• The provider had thorough staff recruitment procedures.
• The clinical staff provided patients’ care and treatment in line with current guidelines.
• Staff treated patients with dignity and respect and took care to protect their privacy and personal information.
• Staff provided preventive care and supporting patients to ensure better oral health.
• The appointment system took account of patients’ needs.
• The provider had effective leadership and culture of continuous improvement.
• Staff felt involved and supported and worked well as a team.
• The provider asked staff and patients for feedback about the services they provided.
• The provider dealt with complaints positively and efficiently.
• The provider had suitable information governance arrangements.
If you would like to view the full report it has now been published on the cqc website available from this link https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-191941850
Share this post: